In response to the growing population of Mortlake and East Sheen around 1910, it was decided that there should be a new church in the south east of the parish. A plot of land on East Sheen Avenue was bequeathed to the parish of Mortlake in 1913 by Major Shepherd-Cross MP who lived at Palewell Lodge. The building of the church was postponed because of the First World War but after the war, the building of All Saints began, and its foundation stone was laid by the Duchess of York (later the Queen Mother) on 24th October 1928. The church was consecrated the following year on All Saints Day.
This year All Saints celebrates its 90th Anniversary with the following events: